News center

Weiyuan City, which you didn't know, still has such a tortuous history!

(Summary description)Today we will talk about an important part of the Zhenhaikou Coastal Defense Site, a national key cultural relics protection unit-Zhaobaoshan Weiyuan City.

Weiyuan City, which you didn't know, still has such a tortuous history!

(Summary description)Today we will talk about an important part of the Zhenhaikou Coastal Defense Site, a national key cultural relics protection unit-Zhaobaoshan Weiyuan City.


    Today we will talk about an important part of the Zhenhaikou Coastal Defense Site, a national key cultural relics protection unit-Zhaobaoshan Weiyuan City.


01 The cause of the construction of Weiyuan City



Zhenhai is known as "Haitianxiong Town" and "Gateway to the East of Zhejiang". In the early Ming Dynasty, to resist the invasion of Japanese pirates, General Tang He was ordered to patrol the southeast coast, establish a guard station to strengthen coastal guards, and set up a Dinghai Guard in Zhenhai.



In the Jiajing period, Japanese pirates again invaded the area of eastern Zhejiang. Lu Gang, deputy commander-in-chief of Jiangsu and Zhejiang, saw that Zhaobao Mountain was located at the estuary of the Yongjiang River, which was the throat of Zhenhaiguan Pass and Yongjiang River. He took the natural cliffs of Zhaobao Mountain as the base of the city. The beginning of a distant city!



02 Timeline of Weiyuan City Construction

In the thirty-fifth year of Jiajing in Ming Dynasty (1556), Hu Zongxian, the right minister of the Ministry of War and Governor of Jiangsu and Zhejiang Affairs, recommended Lu Gang as the deputy commander of Jiangsu and Zhejiang to protect the coastal area.


In the thirty-eighth year of Jiajing (1559), Lu Gang guarded Dinghai (Zhenhai), so he asked the chief executive Hu Zongxian to build the acropolis on Zhaobao Mountain.

In the thirty-ninth year of Jiajing (1560), Lu Gang mobilized the army and civilians to build a castle on the top of Zhaobao Mountain. After more than three months of hard work, the castle was completed. The perimeter of the city is two hundred feet, two feet high and one feet thick, with 160 castellations.

In the 40 years of Jiajing (1561), Japanese pirates invaded the eastern part of Zhejiang, Lu Gang and the participating general Niu Tianci broke the enemy in Ningbo and Wenzhou. After more than ten consecutive battles on land and water, more than 1,400 enemies were wiped out, and the Japanese turmoil in eastern Zhejiang was resolved.

In the forty-first year of Jiajing (1562), "the stone house was added on top, two east and west gates were built, more than 40 garrets were built, and soldiers were guarded, saying:'Weiyuan City'". Weiyuan City built a fort with four iron tribute gates, three hundred tribute gates, and more than one hundred gates for copper tribute. It is the horn of Jinji Mountain on the opposite bank of the Yongjiang River. This is the origin of the name of Weiyuan City!

However, successive generations of officials have attached great importance to the military layout and construction of Weiyuan City.

In the fourth year of the Apocalypse (1624), the city was rebuilt by Gu Zongmeng in the stormy weather.

In the 4th year of Kangxi (1665), Chang Jingong, the main town of Changjingong, was refurbished in the old city by 50 feet, and added three feet to the height of two feet and two feet. In the east, west and north of the city, one fort was built, each high 、Guangzhou is 40 feet each, and each set of iron will give a tribute of two thousand catties. It is also equipped with a variety of war defense equipment, so as to "gather its strength, not to be alone or without assistance."

In the thirteenth year of Daoguang (1833), the county magistrate Guo Chunzhang rebuilt Weiyuan City. He splashed a few inks and left the vigorous and powerful "Weiyuan City" on the city.

In the 20th year of Daoguang (1840), he supervised Lu Zechang and Chen Zhiji on the aftermath patrol in eastern Zhejiang, raised funds, overhauled Weiyuan City, and built 11 barracks in the east gate of the city, equipped with 5 red cannons and split mountains. There are 6 cannons, 3 battalion cannons, and 9 victory cannons (all small cannons above).

From 1983 to 1985, the People’s Government of Zhenhai District rebuilt and strengthened Weiyuan City. Now we see Weiyuan City with two gates, a perimeter of 200 meters, a thickness of one meter, and 167 crenellations. It is a national key cultural relics protection unit. ——An important part of Zhenhaikou Haiphong Site!



03 Historical value

Six countries come to the king, the first level of Pingwa! Weiyuan City, which has experienced the "Four Resistance" wars of the Anti-Japanese War, Anti-British War, Anti-French War, and Anti-Japanese War has gone through hundreds of battles and has made great achievements.



The history of Weiyuan City is the history of China's resistance against foreign aggression in modern times. Many of the Acropolis that once fought with it have disappeared, but Weiyuan City has been well preserved, telling people not to forget the history and the alarm bells to ring forever!



04 Walk into Weiyuan City

The ancient acropolis in Xiongguan, the scene of bloody storms and gunpowder smoke has long ceased to exist! And you have the opportunity to wander through this sea and sky majestic pass, the heroic appearance, the vast sea and sky, or the caressing of the ruined wall, the sense of glory and history will still make you excited!



There is Baotuo Temple, an ancient temple of the Ming Dynasty, in Weiyuan City. The temple was originally built on Mount Putuo. In the 36th year of Jiajing of the Ming Dynasty, Governor Hu Zongxian of Zhejiang moved the temple to Zhenhai and built the "Baotuo Temple" on top of Zhaobao Mountain. Because the Guanyin Bodhisattva of Baotuo Temple originally moved from Mount Putuo, the incense is very high, especially on the day of the birth, monkhood, and enlightenment of Guanyin on February 19, June 19, and September 19 of the summer calendar. Good men and women go to Baotuo. There is an endless stream of temple worshippers.


There are 9 inscriptions in Ming and Qing Dynasties in Weiyuan City. Although the inscriptions have been eroded by wind and rain for hundreds of years, the inscriptions are still clearly visible, the pen is strong and vigorous, and the book is majestic. Each inscription bears witness to the history of the people of Zhenhai who dared not fear violence and bravely resisted, those eloquent and moving stories, and their heroic spirit that permeated Changhong was stationed in Weiyuan City.



Zhao Bao controls the throat, and protects the heavy building;

Hong Tao shone with golden light, and the sea cleared and the mist closed.

Millions of Pixiu Tun Yuan base, three thousand Ge ship Lean Liu;

From now on, the barbarians are cold-hearted, and the eternal emperor plans hundreds of millions of autumns.



I hope everyone has time to recruit Baoshan,

See the majesty of Weiyuan City!

Scan the QR code to read on your phone


Other news

Other news

There is currently no information to display
Please add data record on website background.


Follow us

©2021 Zhaobao Mountain Scenic Area  浙ICP备09088669号 Powered by

隐私政策      使用条款

Scenic spot      News      Traffic      About us      Play